Residents invited in to new multi-million pound sports hub being built near Norwich
- Credit: KELLY SADDLETON
Norwich City Community Sports Foundation threw open the doors of their new hub, The Nest, on Saturday and welcomed visitors in to look around.
The multi-million pound site, named after Norwich City's former home ground, is in Horsford and once complete will include a floodlit 3G football pitch, sports hall, gym, and seven grass football pitches.
Phase one of the project was finished this summer with extensive work completed on the football pitches, as well as the renovation of the existing clubhouse, and the installation of residential bunk boxes.
The second phase, when completed, will add a five-court indoor sports hall, a 60-station accessible gym, a floodlit 3G football pitch, flexible classrooms and studio space, an IT suite, cafe and changing rooms.
People were encouraged to give their views on Saturday as to which future activities were to be provided on the site.
But feedback can also be given at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZGRXK8G
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 6 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 7 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows