Residents invited in to new multi-million pound sports hub being built near Norwich
- Credit: KELLY SADDLETON
Norwich City Community Sports Foundation threw open the doors of their new hub, The Nest, on Saturday and welcomed visitors in to look around.
The multi-million pound site, named after Norwich City's former home ground, is in Horsford and once complete will include a floodlit 3G football pitch, sports hall, gym, and seven grass football pitches.
Phase one of the project was finished this summer with extensive work completed on the football pitches, as well as the renovation of the existing clubhouse, and the installation of residential bunk boxes.
The second phase, when completed, will add a five-court indoor sports hall, a 60-station accessible gym, a floodlit 3G football pitch, flexible classrooms and studio space, an IT suite, cafe and changing rooms.
People were encouraged to give their views on Saturday as to which future activities were to be provided on the site.
You may also want to watch:
But feedback can also be given at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZGRXK8G
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich