Young people’s group release creative writing anthology
- Credit: Archant
A youth group has released their first creative writing anthology.
Since October 2017, a group of 8-18 year olds have taken part in a free after-school group called OPEN Creatives at OPEN Youth Trust.
Johnny Raspin, lead Youth worker for the group, amalgamated all of the works into an anthology, containing the poetry and prose of the children, as well as a biographical section for each of the writers.
Mr Raspin said: 'It has always been aim to showcase the young people's talents, to encourage the next generation of writers and to give them the opportunity to get published.
'I'm really proud of everyone who has contributed, they have worked so hard and have improved as writers throughout the process.'
You may also want to watch:
The anthology was launched at independent Norwich bookshop The Book Hive on July 5, where it will be sold for £7.50, with all profits going to OPEN Youth Trust.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre