Norwich cafe to host vegan supper club
- Credit: open
OPEN Cafe in Norwich is set to host a vegan supper club next month.
To celebrate National Vegetarian Week, youth charity, OPEN are inviting people to 'veg-out' with a two-course vegan dinner and cooking demonstration on May 17 from 7pm to 10pm.
In-house chef Andrew Baker is teaming up with plant-based recipe developer Sara Matthews to create the menu, with a focus on bringing together those beginning their vegetarian journey, meat-reducers and the veggie-curious.
The evening will feature dishes such as chickpea and sweet corn sliders, butternut squash and sweet potato tagine, sesame tofu with baby vegetables and salsa verde, chocolate brownie with coconut salted caramel and more.
Mr Baker said: 'Following the success of our vegan Christmas dinner, we want to offer diners another chance to try plant-based food, enjoy a demo, and sit down to a vegan supper served by our young people.
You may also want to watch:
'As members of proudly Norfolk, we pride ourselves on using key ingredients from Norfolk to promote local produce and educate young people on the importance of buying local.'
Tickets cost £20 and can be purchased from opennorwich.org.uk
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life