Oompa Loompas and zombies at Wymondham High Year 11 leavers day
Colourful characters including a troop of Oompa Loompas, zombies and Super Marios enrolled into school for the Year 11 leavers day at Wymondham High.
Dozens of students dressed up in costume to mark their last day at school on Friday before GCSE exams and led a parade along Norwich Road.
Simon Fox, assistant principal at the academy said: 'Every year at the end of their studies Wymondham High Year 11 students parade along Norwich Road in the most glorious, fantastic and amusing set of costumes you are likely to see outside the London Marathon.
'For one wonderful day they relax, dance, bounce and enjoy a day of activities designed to celebrate their achievements at Wymondham High Academy.'
The day started with house assemblies where they thanked form tutors and heads of house for their support. They then descended on the school field where a range of inflatables were waiting for them, along with music and the opportunity for photos to be taken.
You may also want to watch:
A barbeque followed, along with a tug-of-war competition and an awards ceremony.
Is your school organising a leavers day or school prom? You can upload your pictures and videos by logging on to norfolk.iwitness24.co.uk or you can download, from their respective stores, the smartphone apps for iPhone or Android, searching for iwitness24.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'