Oompa Loompas and zombies at Wymondham High Year 11 leavers day
Colourful characters including a troop of Oompa Loompas, zombies and Super Marios enrolled into school for the Year 11 leavers day at Wymondham High.
Dozens of students dressed up in costume to mark their last day at school on Friday before GCSE exams and led a parade along Norwich Road.
Simon Fox, assistant principal at the academy said: 'Every year at the end of their studies Wymondham High Year 11 students parade along Norwich Road in the most glorious, fantastic and amusing set of costumes you are likely to see outside the London Marathon.
'For one wonderful day they relax, dance, bounce and enjoy a day of activities designed to celebrate their achievements at Wymondham High Academy.'
The day started with house assemblies where they thanked form tutors and heads of house for their support. They then descended on the school field where a range of inflatables were waiting for them, along with music and the opportunity for photos to be taken.
A barbeque followed, along with a tug-of-war competition and an awards ceremony.
Is your school organising a leavers day or school prom? You can upload your pictures and videos by logging on to norfolk.iwitness24.co.uk or you can download, from their respective stores, the smartphone apps for iPhone or Android, searching for iwitness24.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead