Online blog documented highs and lows of Deryn Blackwell’s illness
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Callie Blackwell's online blog has documented the journey of Deryn's illness from the start.
To the thousands of followers the mother-of-two found a way to tell the world the intimate details of what's happening to her son.
Readers have laughed, cried, wanted to help and have been left speechless.
But Mrs Blackwell, a former bouncer who gave up her job to look after Deryn, has revealed once she has written the harrowing and heartbreaking posts – she cannot read them back.
'I know I can come across quite cold when I write my blog,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'But it's difficult. If I feel every emotion I would have had a break-down by now, you have to take yourself away from it.'
Deryn's foundation Do Everything has been propelled by his mother's energy and enthusiasm to drum up support for her son and knowledge about his conditions.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
Using the social media websites Facebook and Twitter friends and family of the Blackwells have been kept regularly informed on the teenager's progress with photographs and words.
Mrs Blackwell said: 'Deryn has been shown that life is worth living.
'As each week goes on the more he feels better, the more he is looking forward to living.
'Now it's an exciting time. We feel for the first time in a long time that there's some level of certainty. Now we can look