One-way system in place in Oulton Broad as engineers repair gas leak
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Drivers travelling through Oulton Broad could face delays as one lane has been closed to traffic following a gas leak.
Cadent engineers have been carrying out repairs in Bridge Road near to Oulton Broad North Railway Station today, with the road expected to reopen this evening.
A temporary lane closure has been put in place in Bridge Road, with it becoming a temporary one way system, to enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently.
Southbound traffic - heading into Oulton Broad - is currently being diverted via a signed diversion over the Bascule Bridge in accordance with local Highway Authority rules.
Cadent apologises for any disruption people may be experiencing.
You may also want to watch:
It follows on from major work earlier this year to replace ageing gas mains along the same stretch of road.
The upgrade works saw the gas mains replaced between the Shell service station in Normanston Drive, passing by the railway station, to Oulton Broad library in Bridge Road.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 6 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 9 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
A one-way system was in place for the duration of the works, which started in February and finished just before Easter, causing major disruption for local businesses and drivers.
•Will this affect your journey or business? Email firstname.lastname@example.org