One-way system in place in Oulton Broad as engineers repair gas leak
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Drivers travelling through Oulton Broad could face delays as one lane has been closed to traffic following a gas leak.
Cadent engineers have been carrying out repairs in Bridge Road near to Oulton Broad North Railway Station today, with the road expected to reopen this evening.
A temporary lane closure has been put in place in Bridge Road, with it becoming a temporary one way system, to enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently.
Southbound traffic - heading into Oulton Broad - is currently being diverted via a signed diversion over the Bascule Bridge in accordance with local Highway Authority rules.
Cadent apologises for any disruption people may be experiencing.
It follows on from major work earlier this year to replace ageing gas mains along the same stretch of road.
The upgrade works saw the gas mains replaced between the Shell service station in Normanston Drive, passing by the railway station, to Oulton Broad library in Bridge Road.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
A one-way system was in place for the duration of the works, which started in February and finished just before Easter, causing major disruption for local businesses and drivers.
•Will this affect your journey or business? Email email@example.com