One-way road system in operation in Oulton Broad for gas mains work
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks get underway tomorrow morning on Bridge Road in Oulton Broad with the northbound lane being closed.
Bridge Road iis being made into a temporary one-way system to enable ageing gas mains to be replaced.
National Grid have said the existing metal gas mains in Bridge Road are nearing the end of their operational life and must be replaced to ensure people have access to safe and reliable gas supplies.
The works will see the gas mains replaced between the Shell service station in Normanston Drive, passing by Oulton Broad North railway station, to Oulton Broad library in Bridge Road.
To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently, Bridge Road will become a temporary one way system. Northbound traffic - heading into Lowestoft - will be diverted via four alternative signed diversion routes, which all eventually funnel traffic along Belvedere Road and over the Bascule Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Southbound traffic - heading out of Lowestoft - will remain on Bridge Road, but on the opposite side of the road.
Some parking bays in the area will be temporarily suspended.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch