One person rescued from Dereham flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Emergency crews have rescued a person from a flat fire in Dereham this morning.
The incident happened at Lynn Court, Dereham, at around 7.50am, and several calls were made to Norfolk Fire and Rescue to alert them of the fire.
According to a spokesman, there were reports of a person 'shouting for help from a window'.
Crews from Dereham, Watton, Earlham, Hingham, and Carrow put out the fire, using hose reel jets and breathing apparatus.
The incident lasted around 30 minutes.
One person was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation however their condition is not believed to be serious.
At one stage around 23 firefighters were on the scene of the blaze.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 7 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 10 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
The cause of the fire is not yet known.