One person killed in A11 crash near Attleborough
One person has died as a result of a crash on the A11 near Attleborough this morning.
The road has been closed in both directions this morning since the collision involving three vehicles at about 3.20am.
Police were called to the south-bound carraigeway following reports of a car on fire on the hard shoulder at Besthorpe and another car had crashed into the central reservation, a spokesman for Norfolk police said.
Fire crews from Attleborough, Wymondham, Hingham and Carrow attended to put out the car blaze and were on scene until 6.15am this morning.
The road has been closed for police to carry out their investigations and for the road surface to be repaired.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the A11 was likely to be reopened by 11am this morning <Sunday>.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school