Rush-hour delays after fallen tree blocks A47
- Credit: IAN BURT
A fallen tree blocked a lane on a major Norfolk route, causing rush-hour delays.
Police were called to the A47 at Swaffham at 8.10am on Wednesday morning after the tree fell on the westbound carriageway, blocking one lane.
The road remained open, but drivers saw delays.
A farmer arrived to remove the tree into a nearby field.
A bus roughly 100 yards away from where the tree fell was said to have broken windows, but police said it was unclear whether the two were linked, and the bus had left by the time they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The road was clear by 8.50am.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success