Star Wars themed mall event raises money for children’s charities
- Credit: Angela Sharpe
A Star Wars themed charity event raised money for children's charities on Saturday.
One Great Day is a nation-wide annual charity that raises money and support for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (GOSH) and another local children's charity close to the heart of each community.
Started in 2014 by parents whose son received care at GOSH, the charity's aim is to make a difference by getting community's involved in a series of local fundraising events held within each shopping centre across the UK on 'One Great Day'.
The Norwich Castle Mall held a fun-filled day that included activities such as build your own lightsaber, Jedi Knight training, and Boba Fett face painting.
Around 100 to 150 children took part in the event, which was also in aid of Finnbar's Force, a charity in the name of Star Wars fan Finnbar Cork who died in 2016, five months after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 4 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 New Burger King site approved in city centre