One dead after car hits tree on A140 in Hevingham
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has died after his car hit a tree on the A140 in Hevingham.
The crash happened at around 1.30am today on Cromer Road between Aylsham and Norwich.
Police said a black Volkswagen Passat had left the road and hit a tree.
A passing police car stopped and officers attempted CPR until paramedics arrived, but the driver died at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and reopened shortly before 6am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or noticed the driving manner of the Passat prior to the incident.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting