King’s Lynn to be transformed into hero and princess-filled wonderland
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn will be transformed into a hero and princess-filled wonderland for a day.
Activities for young families will be based around the Tuesday Market Place, Vancouver Quarter, Alive Corn Exchange, Town Hall, St Nicholas Chapel and Shakespeare Barn on Sunday, August 20 (10am - 4pm).
Ther event is being jointly organised by West Norfolk council and the Vancouver Quarter.
Elizabeth Nockolds, the council's cabinet member for culture, heritage and health, said: 'This is one of my favourite events as it is totally aimed at families and is across the whole town.
'There are so many activities for youngsters to enjoy and the whole town takes on a magical feel, as everywhere you look there are princesses or superheroes or creatures that you just don't see every day. The feedback we get each year is so heart-warming.'
You may also want to watch:
Abbie Panks, Vancouver Quarter manager and event director, said: 'Whether its meeting a fairytale character, hero or heroine, encountering a mythical beast or creating something to take home, Fairytales and Legends is all about sparking children's imaginations. It's perfect fun for children and their families. We've had great feedback from parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents over the years who have equally enjoyed the event. This year we have more workshops than ever and have lots of characters who will be roaming the town to entertain and enchant.'
This year Professor Badger and Nutella Nutkins' Acorn Academy, Ruby and Alfonso and their flying carpets, princesses, heroines and heroes will be spotted all around the town. A special visit from Pads the magical snow lion, and his Flower Queen is also expected.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
The award-winning Hartbeeps are running four sessions through the day, there will be workshops where children can create their own super hero cape or unicorn horn, build their own fire-breathing dragon head or make their own comic book.
On the Tuesday Market Place there's face painting and pirate tattoos, or little princesses can have their hair styled like their favourite character.
The Corn Exchange will be turned into Jack's house complete with bouncy castle, a giant's chair and golden goose egg game.
See www.fairytalesandlegends.co.uk for more information or to book sessions.