Once, twice, three times outstanding - Toftwood childcare team celebrates top Ofsted rating at three settings
- Credit: Ian Burt
An outstanding Ofsted judgement for an after-school club in Toftwood has made it triple success for the childcare provider.
Hoots After School Club is run by Justine and Johnny Watts, who also own and run Little Owls Day Nursery and Hoots out of school and holiday playscheme.
All three settings have now achieved an outstanding rating for their owners.
The after school club is based at Toftwood Junior School for children aged between four and 11 years.
An Ofsted inspector, who visited the school last month, recorded an outstanding grade in all areas - effectiveness of the leadership and management; quality of teaching, learning and assessment; and personal development, behaviour and welfare.
You may also want to watch:
The report said: 'Leaders and managers are passionate about providing childcare of the highest quality.
'All elements of the provision are meticulously organised and planned with children's well-being and achievement being central to all that is offered.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
'Children experience an exceptional range of resources and opportunities to keep them highly motivated and keen to play and learn.'
It also praised the children for being 'exceptionally well mannered and polite', and added: 'Children know that their opinions matter and that their voice is important. This ensures children are equipped with important skills.'
Mr and Mrs Watts said they were 'thrilled' with their third outstanding judgement from Ofsted. 'This means that in essence we have achieved the treble,' they said.
'These judgements are so prestigious for us as it highlights and confirms the extremely hard work and dedication that all of our management and staff team provide for our children and families on a daily basis.
'We were delighted to receive our first outstanding and never thought that we would be able to achieve outstanding in all three of our settings.'
Little Owls offers full time early years childcare. It achieved outstanding in March 2014. Hoots at Toftwood Infant School offers breakfast club and after school sessions during term time and school holiday childcare. It achieved outstanding in March last year.