Once, twice, three times outstanding - Toftwood childcare team celebrates top Ofsted rating at three settings
- Credit: Ian Burt
An outstanding Ofsted judgement for an after-school club in Toftwood has made it triple success for the childcare provider.
Hoots After School Club is run by Justine and Johnny Watts, who also own and run Little Owls Day Nursery and Hoots out of school and holiday playscheme.
All three settings have now achieved an outstanding rating for their owners.
The after school club is based at Toftwood Junior School for children aged between four and 11 years.
An Ofsted inspector, who visited the school last month, recorded an outstanding grade in all areas - effectiveness of the leadership and management; quality of teaching, learning and assessment; and personal development, behaviour and welfare.
You may also want to watch:
The report said: 'Leaders and managers are passionate about providing childcare of the highest quality.
'All elements of the provision are meticulously organised and planned with children's well-being and achievement being central to all that is offered.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
'Children experience an exceptional range of resources and opportunities to keep them highly motivated and keen to play and learn.'
It also praised the children for being 'exceptionally well mannered and polite', and added: 'Children know that their opinions matter and that their voice is important. This ensures children are equipped with important skills.'
Mr and Mrs Watts said they were 'thrilled' with their third outstanding judgement from Ofsted. 'This means that in essence we have achieved the treble,' they said.
'These judgements are so prestigious for us as it highlights and confirms the extremely hard work and dedication that all of our management and staff team provide for our children and families on a daily basis.
'We were delighted to receive our first outstanding and never thought that we would be able to achieve outstanding in all three of our settings.'
Little Owls offers full time early years childcare. It achieved outstanding in March 2014. Hoots at Toftwood Infant School offers breakfast club and after school sessions during term time and school holiday childcare. It achieved outstanding in March last year.