“On a sunny day, it’s the Caribbean without flying 6,000 miles” - Holkham beach ranked 19th best in UK
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Holkham beach has been named the 19th best beach in the UK by travel website TripAdvisor in their travellers' choice awards.
Cornwall and Dorset dominated the list with six of the top ten beaches, but TripAdvisor said Holkham's ranking meant 'Norfolk has great cause for celebration'.
The award was ranked by travellers who have visited the beaches and praised them on the website.
Pete Waters, spokesperson for Visit Norfolk, said: 'This is a great accolade for Holkham beach but something we've known for a long time.
'It's a place that has everything: at high tide a lovely seaside beach with calm, shallow waters; at low tide a huge expanse of golden sand to explore, poke amongst the sea shells, chase off seagulls, or bathe in warm pools.
You may also want to watch:
'On a sunny day, it's the Caribbean without flying 6,000 miles.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace