Olympic Torch at tea party for Wymondham-based cancer charity Star Throwers
An Olympic Torch made an appearance at a garden party fundraiser for a Wymondham-based cancer charity today (Sunday).
The event for Star Throwers in Melton Road was organised by Alex Symington, 29, who was diagnosed with breast cancer aged just 24.
Dozens of friends and family, as well as other people who are supported by Star Throwers, enjoyed the fundraiser at Sparham, near Dereham, which included garden games and homemade cakes.
The raffle was drawn by Mrs Symington's friend, Rachel Lane, of Wymondham, who also has breast cancer.
Miss Lane was a torchbearer in the Olympic Torch Relay through Aldeburgh, Suffolk, and brought her treasured item to the fundraiser.
You may also want to watch:
Star Throwers supports people with cancer, as well as their families, and offers complimentary therapies including massage and reiki.
Mrs Symington said: 'The turn out is brilliant. I'm very happy.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
'Star Throwers gives me hope. The NHS has been absolutely fantastic, but it is great to get the extra support and hope.'
Sharon Brown, 40, of Great Moulton, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 was a guest at the party and is also supported by Star Throwers.
She said: 'It offers one-to-one support and you can meet people in the same situation.'
Mrs Symington hopes to raise �1,000 through a raffle, which was drawn during the party and included over 30 prizes.
For more information about Star Throwers, visit www.starthrowers.org.uk, ring 01953 423304 or email email@example.com