Olympic theme to annual Tasburgh festival
Up and coming bands are set to have their moment to shine at an Olympic-themed festival.
As part of its Games theme to this year's event, the Tasburgh Community Festival will host its own Olympic torch parade through the village, some torch juggling courtesy of Dr Ken, a bird of prey display by World of Wings and tricks performed by the Lowestoft Dog Agility Display Team.
Meanwhile, seven top local bands will headline the live music 'stage one' with the Frozen Raspberries topping the bill. They will be sharing the stage with rock band Worlds Apart and function band The Aftertones.
There will be an additional 'stage two' this year for up and coming local bands.
Young vocalist Craig Catchpole will headline stage two and be joined by a clutch of local duos and soloists.
You may also want to watch:
This year's festival will take place on Saturday, June 23 in the grounds of Tasburgh Village Hall.
The parade will start at 11am from the village sign in Church Road. Music starts from 12pm until 8pm.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 9 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
For more information, go to www.tasburghvillagehall.org.uk/festival_2012.
Limited pitches for trade stands are still available. Contact Mel on 01508 470195.