Oliver and Olivia most popular baby names in the region
- Credit: PA
Oliver and Olivia have been revealed as the most popular baby names in the region for 2015 according to official figures.
Oliver topped the list for the second year running with 790 baby boys being given the name in the East of England. Olivia toppled Amelia from the top spot with 556 baby girls named after the likes of Olivia Coleman and Olivia Munn.
Other names making the top ten in the region included Ava, Lilly, Henry and Jacob.
Nationally Oliver and Amelia remained the most popular baby names in England and Wales for the third year running.
Ella and Mia rose into the top 10 girls' names, replacing Lily and Sophie from 2014, while Noah replaced James in the top 10 boys' names, the Office for National Statistics said.
You may also want to watch:
Amelia has been the most popular girls' name in England and Wales since 2011 while Oliver has been in the top spot since 2013.
Penelope, Mila, Clara, Arabella, Maddison and Aria were all new names in the girls' top 100 most popular names with Jaxon, Roman, Reggie and Carter all making the boys' list.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council