Oliver and Olivia most popular baby names in the region for second year in a row
- Credit: EDPpics 2003
Oliver and Olivia have been revealed as the most popular baby names in the region for 2016 according to official figures.
A total of 733 boys were given the name Oliver in the East of England, while 595 girls were named after the likes of Olivia Palermo and Olivia Wilde.
Other popular names in the region included George, Isabella, Noah and Emily.
Oliver and Olivia were also the most popular across England and Wales.
MORE: Most popular baby names for 2015 revealedA rise in popularity saw Olivia replace Amelia, which had held the top position since 2011, while Oliver has remained in the same spot since 2013.
Felicity, Iris and Luna were all new names in the top 100 with Albie, Arlo and Ezra also added.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Stripe from the Office for National Statistics said: 'With over 696,000 babies born in England and Wales in 2016, and nearly 64,000 different names chosen for them, it's interesting how relatively stable the top 10 names have been over recent years.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country