Woman comes off diabetic medication after 25 years following weight loss
- Credit: Courtesy of Slimming World
A woman from Old Catton has managed to get her Type 2 diabetes under control after making significant changes to her weight and lifestyle.
Gillian Medlar, 68, weighed between 17 and 18 stone when she joined her local Slimming World group in 2018.
At that time she had been taking medication for Type 2 diabetes for 25 years and was having trouble controlling her blood glucose levels.
But now, after committing to healthy eating and exercise, Mrs Medlar is six stone lighter and able to manage her condition without the aid of medication, and the changes have also meant she no longer relies on inhalers.
Mrs Medlar said: "Slimming World has changed my life.
You may also want to watch:
"Before I couldn't walk up the smallest incline with out using my inhalers but now I walk for miles and joined the gym.
"My consultant from the hospital said I'm like a completely different person."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
Dawn Hayes, who leads the group Mrs Medlar attends, said: "I couldn't be prouder of how far Gillian has come.
"She has a new lease of life and can now enjoy things she couldn't before.
"She is a valued member of the group and she helps and inspires everyone and everyone looks up to her."