Old Catton celebrates Diamond Jubilee with fun day
A rodeo bull, a climbing wall and the evil galactic empire proved big draws for children at the Old Catton Queen's Diamond Jubilee fun day.
Hundreds of people headed to the recreation ground in Church Street for the event, which ran from 12pm until 4pm.
Along with the opportunity to meet Star Wars characters such as Darth Vader and Stormtroopers, people took part in a tug of war and warmed up for the European Championships by trying to beat a goalkeeper in a penalty shoot out.
There were bouncy castles, family races, dance displays, while adults toasted the Queen with a refreshing drink or two from the beer tent.
Brian Honess, a parish councillor who chaired the steering group behind the event, said the hard work had been worth it.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'It's been really, really good. It's been all about the community. We've had stalls from all sorts of groups and organisations and it could well be that people find out about things going on in Old Catton that they didn't know about.'
He added extra supplies of sausages had to be brought in, because people were so keen to tuck into hot dogs at the celebration.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue