Old Buckenham family’s plea for help to find two missing dogs
- Credit: Monique Child
A family has been left devastated after two of its dogs went missing.
Mac and Milo disappeared from their home in Old Buckenham on January 10.
Owner Monique Child had left one-year-old Mac, a saluki cross, and two-year-old Patterdale terrier Milo in the utility room with their two other dogs, pregnant Milly and puppy Moo, went she left the house off Banham Road at 9am.
On returning between 1pm and 3pm she found the front door in the utility room open – and Mac and Milo missing.
Ms Child said the dogs' disappearance is being treated by police as a possible theft.
You may also want to watch:
'Mac and Milo often go out around the woods and gardens and see the neighbours, then come home within an hour, so it was not until that night that we started to worry and went out looking.
'We have two sons, a one-year-old and a four-year-old, and the eldest has not stopped crying since they went.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 8 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
Ms Childs and her partner Jak have been out walking and driving around the nearby fields and have put up and handed out posters in an attempt to find their pets, but so far to no avail.
She said: 'There has not been a single sighting which is extremely odd. All the farmers and gamekeepers are aware but have not seen them. If they haven't been seen in the fields or in the towns, where can they be?'
See the Get Mac and Milo Home Facebook page.
* Golden cocker spaniel Barley is also still missing after disappearing on a walk at Gaymers Meadow in Attleborough on Tuesday, January 10. Owners David and Helen Batch have put up a £500 reward for his safe return. Anyone with information or sightings of the six-year-old dog, who was wearing a grey collar, can call 07507 938743.