Old Buckenham Airshow to star on Mustard TV
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A Norfolk airshow is hoping to reach sky high viewing figures after organisers announced it would be televised for the first time in its 15th year history.
The Old Buckenham Airshow has signed a deal with Mustard TV, which is owned by Archant, the publisher of the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News.
Mustard TV will show a special programme about the show, which is on July 30 and 31 at Old Buckenham Airfield, near Attleborough.
The programme, which will be aired on Channel 7 on Freeview and on Virgin 159, will cover all the aerial action and also aims to capture some of the myriad of activities on the ground as well.
The star of this year's show will be Sally B, the last airworthy B-17 in Europe, and other displays feature a Spitfire, the Wildcats aerobatic team and a P-51 Mustang.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Wilkins, airshow organiser: 'We are ecstatic to be able to work with Mustard TV, Norfolk's own channel, to bring the excitement and fun of the airshow into the living rooms of the county.
'We're now the largest airshow in Norfolk and Suffolk; the crowds last year and forward ticket sales in 2016 lead us to predict a sell out. The programme will provide an ideal way for visitors to relive the excitement as well as giving a flavour to those who missed out.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
Since 2012, the show has enjoyed a media partnership with the EDP.
Tom Vince, senior producer of commercial projects for Mustard TV and Archant, said: 'Mustard TV is absolutely delighted to be involved in 2016's Old Buckenham Airshow.
'Getting out and about and covering great local events has always been a top priority for us and it's extremely exciting to be able to bring one of Norfolk's most popular annual events to our audience.
'It's going to be a fantastic couple of days and we urge anybody who's attending to come along to our stand and say hi.'
A special souvenir DVD is also planned and further details will be released soon.
For more information visit www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk