Old Buckenham airshow to return in 2012
A popular airshow will be resurrected next year following an announcement by the new management of a south Norfolk airfield.
Officials at the Old Buckenham Airfield revealed this year that they would not be staging a day of aviation displays after 11 years of organising a charity airshow at the former second world war base.
However, the new management at the airfield said the Old Buckenham Airshow would be returning in 2012 with an event on Sunday, June 24. As in previous years, the show is being held to raise funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), which has a base at nearby Quidenham.
Officials from the Touchdown Aero Centre, which operates the airfield, said the airshow would offer displays from perennially popular vintage aircraft to the latest in modern aerobatic machines. The event will also feature a fairground, military static and vintage agricultural displays.
Claire LeLievre, EACH Norfolk fundraiser, said: 'We're delighted to hear that the popular Old Buckenham Airshow will return again next year. Here at EACH we rely upon voluntary donations for the majority of our income, which is why support from events such as the Old Buckenham Airshow are so important to us. All funds raised will allow us to provide care and support to local life-threatened children and their families.'
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are also eager to hear from steam, military and classic vehicle owners who can display their cars with a parade on the runway. All exhibitors will be given free tickets to the event.
Tickets, which will be �12 per person, and �6 for 16s and under, will go on sale online from January 15.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
For further information, call 01953 860 806, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk
See tomorrow's EDP for more