Old Buckenham airshow to return in 2012
A popular airshow will be resurrected next year following an announcement by the new management of a south Norfolk airfield.
Officials at the Old Buckenham Airfield revealed this year that they would not be staging a day of aviation displays after 11 years of organising a charity airshow at the former second world war base.
However, the new management at the airfield said the Old Buckenham Airshow would be returning in 2012 with an event on Sunday, June 24. As in previous years, the show is being held to raise funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), which has a base at nearby Quidenham.
Officials from the Touchdown Aero Centre, which operates the airfield, said the airshow would offer displays from perennially popular vintage aircraft to the latest in modern aerobatic machines. The event will also feature a fairground, military static and vintage agricultural displays.
Claire LeLievre, EACH Norfolk fundraiser, said: 'We're delighted to hear that the popular Old Buckenham Airshow will return again next year. Here at EACH we rely upon voluntary donations for the majority of our income, which is why support from events such as the Old Buckenham Airshow are so important to us. All funds raised will allow us to provide care and support to local life-threatened children and their families.'
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are also eager to hear from steam, military and classic vehicle owners who can display their cars with a parade on the runway. All exhibitors will be given free tickets to the event.
Tickets, which will be �12 per person, and �6 for 16s and under, will go on sale online from January 15.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
For further information, call 01953 860 806, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk
See tomorrow's EDP for more