Old Buckenham Airshow to return in 2015 - with a focus on all things American
- Credit: Archant
A host of historic aircraft and a fleet of military vehicles will be on the bill at Old Buckenham airshow next year – with the event being given a theme for the first time in its 15-year history.
The show, which is set to return on August 1 and 2, will celebrate America to coincide with the 70th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.
Airfield manager Matt Wilkins said adding a theme would ensure the show would be 'bigger and better' than ever.
He said: 'Well I am slightly biased because I am actually more American by blood. Most of my family are out in New York.
'But it was an appropriate theme to pick with the end of the war. Without the influence of the US in the war Norfolk could be a very different place.'
You may also want to watch:
He added that the theme will commemorate the 366 USAAF servicemen who died serving at the Old Buckenham airfield during the war.
'As always, we are expecting an awful lot of people from the States to the show, so it would be nice to show we are recognising their culture,' he added.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
The line-up will include a beer festival from Taylor's of Attleborough, with four specially-brewed beers.
A funfair, display of classic cars, tanks and a collection of stalls will also be on the bill, with the traditional 1940s hangar dance in the works.
More details will be released as the show nears.
For more information, visit www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk
Do you have an Old Buckenham story for us? Contact reporter Lauren Cope on email@example.com