Old Buckenham Airshow line-up announced
A host of historic and spectacular aircraft will return to the skies above Old Buckenham when the charitable event resumes this year.
Organisers of the Old Buckenham Airshow have announced the line-up for the popular festival, which was not held at the former second world war airfield last year.
New management at the airfield revealed that up to 100 visiting aircraft will be coming to the revamped airshow that will be staged on Sunday, June 24.
The air displays will cover aviation from the first world war to the very latest in high-tech aerobatic aircraft, said airfield manager Matt Wilkins. In addition, more than 400 classic car owners have booked a place to exhibit their vehicles at the show and more than 150 military vehicles will be on display from vintage Harley Davidsons to Multiple Launch Rocket Systems.
There will also be a 1940s US military camp organised by the East England Military Museum and a T55 Russian tank from the James Bond film Goldeneye.
The airshow will be raising funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), which has a centre at nearby Quidenham.
Highlights of the flying display include the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight with their iconic Spitfire, WWI dog fighting, Wildcat Aerobatics performing a spectacular routine in their Pitts biplanes, a Antonov AN2, and a Jet Provost RAF trainer. GBR Advanced Aerobatic Team member David Jenkins will also be on hand to give an aerobatics master class in his Edge.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
Mr Wilkins said that further additions to the line-up would be announced in the coming months. He added that it worked out it their favour that the Lowestoft Airshow weekend clashed with the Old Buckenham event when it came to booking acts.
'The airshow has always been popular. This year, with a display area several times the size of previous events, we can ensure an extraordinary day everyone can enjoy, at an remarkably low price. We're overwhelmed by the response already, and look forward to June 24,' he said.
There will also be a vintage agricultural display, static engine line up, fairground, and live bands playing in the WWII Blister Hangar. Old Buckenham Airfiled was home to the USAAF 453rd Bombardment Group during the second world war.
Advance tickets are on sale at www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk or by calling 01953 860806. Tickets bought now come with a 20pc discount.