Old Aylsham Post Office building up for sale
Aylsham's old Post Office building is on the market with offers of over �250,000 invited.
Agents Bidwells are handling the sale of the Hungate Street property which is not listed, but lies within the town's Conservation Area.
The building closed earlier this month when the Post Office was moved into Aylsham's Budgens supermarket although Royal Mail's delivery office will continue operating from the Hungate Street address until early next year.
A successful bidder would become the owner of an overall area measuring 277,50 sq m, or 2,987 sq ft, plus a large back yard with car-parking spaces. It includes a first-floor flat.
Town councillors discussed their preferred uses for the building at their July meeting at the request of Broadland District Councillor Jo Cottingham.
You may also want to watch:
Ideas ranged from bed and breakfast accommodation to small business units, affordable flats for young people, and an Alby Crafts-style enterprise with crafts people renting space inside and visitors walking through to visit each craft area. Councillors felt the facade of the building should be retained.
Chairman Eileen Springall said she had heard of one person who came to Aylsham for social activities and was organising a petition calling on the pub chain Wetherspoons to take it over.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge