Oktoberfest tent arrives in Norwich for weekend beer festival
- Credit: Jacob Massey
A 'Grand Bier Tent' has been erected outside Carrow Road as a weekend of Oktoberfest celebrations approaches.
Revellers at the Oktoberfest Norwich event can expect to be entertained with traditional Bavarian music, food and, of course, beer.
The festival dates back to 1810 and Prince Ludwig's marriage to Princess Therese of Sace-Hildburghausen. The wedding celebrations were so popular it was decided they should be repeated every autumn thereafter, with almost 6 million punters descending on Munich for last year's festival.
In recent decades, Oktoberfest has spread far and wide from its regal Bavarian origins and recreations of the festival are enjoyed across the globe.
The newly erected tent in Norwich is the largest of its kind in Europe and organisers anticipate approximately 30,000 litres of beer will be consumed at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be broken down into 3 sessions, Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday night, and tickets are available from oktoberfestnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich