Oktoberfest in Norwich: The fun starts as the famous festival comes to the Fine City
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
The suds have started flowing thick and fast as Norwich enjoys a spell of Oktoberfest fun.
Hundreds of revellers have flocked to OPEN's Banking Hall this evening (Thursday, October 5) for a taste of German beer and bratwurst at one event, which is raising money for the Open Youth Trust.
OPEN's Oktoberfest - which has been endorsed by Stephen Fry - continues through Friday and Saturday.
Meanwhile, a 'Grand Bier Tent' has sprung up outside Carrow Road for another Oktoberfest party taking place on Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'