Official opening of new Aylsham care home
A care home which is part of a long-awaited new care complex combining health and social facilities at Aylsham is set to officially open next week.
The complex at Aylsham will eventually provide a range of health, housing and care services to the people of Aylsham and surrounding districts.
This will include, on completion, a health centre, a housing with care scheme and a nursing home. It also includes a community centre which will be available for use by local residents.
The first phase sees the completion of the St Michael's Court care home by Runwood Homes, a provider of residential care, and care homes with nursing with a specialism in dementia care.
The official opening of St Michael's Court is on Tuesday, October 12 at 2pm.
The official guest at the opening will be radio and television personality Helen McDermott and the event will also be attended by representatives of Norfolk County Council, NHS Norfolk, Circle Anglia, Broadland District Council, Aylsham Town Council, Aylsham Care Trust and representatives from GP practices.
The following day, October 13, there will be an open day at St Michael's Court from 11 am to 4pm when there will be an informal opportunity for all those interested to find out more about the care home. It is likely that the first residents will move in around early November.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 10 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash