Missing girl April Fabb’s mum dies, without knowing what happened to her daughter
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
The mother of April Fabb, whose unexplained disappearance 44 years ago is one of Norfolk's biggest unsolved mysteries, has died aged 93.
Just like her husband Albert, who passed away in 1998, Olive died without ever knowing what happened to her 13-year-old daughter.
The happy youngster vanished into thin air while cycling near her family home close to Cromer in April 1969. Her bike was found in a field. But no trace of April was ever found. A major police investigation and decades of cold case work has failed to find who was responsible.
But throughout the living nightmare of losing a daughter Mrs Fabb was a rock for surviving sisters Pam and Diane - trying to live as normal a life as possible, and dealing with constant Press attention with dignity and strength.
Mrs Fabb died in a nursing home on April 19, three days before what would have been April's 58th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
To see the full story see today's EDP.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts