Funeral service date for Cromer Pier creator Robert Marlowe
A funeral service for former Cromer Pier show deviser Robert Marlowe will be held this Thursday November 22.
Mr Marlowe, who was the creative force behind the Seaside Special for 20 years, died aged 83 in his home town of Eastbourne, as reported earlier.
Among the latest tributes to him was one from Keith Simmons, who, with his brother Alan, worked with Mr Marlowe in
three summer seasons in 1996, 1997 and 1998 when they topped the bill.
Keith said: 'He had great ideas and worked hard to get the balance right in any show he took charge of. A great choreographer, he also loved the comedy aspect and gave us a free rein when it came to sketches and gags.
You may also want to watch:
'He gave us lots of encouragement and we enjoyed three very successful seasons under his guidance. He will be sadly missed.'
Aldborouogh showbusiness fan Yvonne Tiffany, whose daughter Alice was one of the children in the show for five seasons, said the youngster was so inspired by the man, who always strove for the best, that she named the family's Labrador puppy Marlowe after him.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
The funeral will be at Eastbourne crematorium at 1.45pm,
Flowers or donations to the Altzheimers Society or Cancer Research should be via Rosedale Funeral Services,
62 Grove Road, Eastbourne.