Aylsham businessman and Rotarian was an inspiration
Tributes have been paid to a long-standing Rotarian who built his own company from scratch.
Jack Sayers, 79, from Aylsham, who ran Jack Sayers Products in Fengate, Marsham, died in the early hours of the morning on Tuesday, November 6, after suffering from asbestos related cancer.
Mr Sayers, who was originally a Londoner having been born in Tooting, moved to Norwich with his wife, Jill in 1975 to form the company at its first premises in Bowthorpe Road, Norwich.
The company specialised in industrial cleaning equipment before diversifying into display equipment such as postcard spinning stands.
His son, Mark, 44, who followed his father into the family business in 1984, joined by his sister Gail, 42, in 1997, said his father was also an entrepreneur having invented a V Sweeper broom and also a slippery surface sign holder.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being a member of Aylsham Rotary Club for 20 years, Mr Sayers, who had three children and two grand-children, was also a team sportsman and in his younger days had done weight training. He was also a keen cyclist and liked to play badminton and sometimes football.
He was also keen on DIY. His wife Jill, said; 'He would mend anything, he virtually built the house we are in.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
She added: 'I have had lots of cards and letters saying how much he will be missed.'
His son, Mark said; 'He was a great inspiration. He was a dedicated father and grandfather.'
Mr Sayer's funeral is being held at St Faith's Crematorium on Tuesday, November 27 at 11am. The family has asked for family flowers only and donations to be made to The Market Surgery in Aylsham.