Nurses to be celebrated by Great Yarmouth and Waveney health body
- Credit: IAN BURT
The contribution of nurses past and present at the NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group will be celebrated on Friday.
Rebecca Hulme, the group's chief nurse, said: 'Nurses' day is an opportunity to think about the amazing work our nurses past and present do and have done.
'We want to take time to celebrate and talk to people about why nursing is so important. It's also an opportunity for us to say thank you to people who are often taken for granted.'
Plans for the day include a display of photographs of some of the nurses the CCG employs in uniform at the beginning of their careers, an invitation for staff to bring in memorabilia around nursing and a themed cake bake.
People can follow the event activity on Twitter by using the hashtag #nurseheroes.
You may also want to watch:
People can also tell the CCG who their nurse hero is by tagging it @NHSGYWCCG on Twitter or by going on its Facebook page.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs