Nuisance caller Wendy Bradbury jailed after breaching court order telling her to stop
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A man and a woman have been jailed for breaching their Community Behaviour Orders in the Great Yarmouth area.
Wendy Bradbury, aged 54 and of no fixed abode but from Gorleston, was issued a five-year CBO in January last year after continually making nuisance calls to the police and ambulance service.
Bradbury was sentenced to eight weeks in prison at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court on Monday (January 9) after breaking the terms of the order which stated she was prohibited from contacting Norfolk Constabulary or the Ambulance Service, directly or indirectly, unless it was a genuine emergency.
Donnie Harper, aged 42 and of Havelock Road in Great Yarmouth, was issued a CBO in August after being involved in a number of alcohol related incidents between January and July last year.
Harper was sentenced to four weeks in prison at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court on Monday for breaking the terms of the order and theft.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Julie Johnson from Norfolk Police said: 'We will take positive action against those who continually commit offences, waste police resources and cause a nuisance to local communities.'
The Criminal Behaviour Order replaced the Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO).
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler