Man released on bail after Norwich hotel fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has been released on bail after a hotel room was set on fire in Norwich on Sunday afternoon.
Police were called to the NR2 hotel on Earlham Road in Norwich shortly before 1.20pm following reports a guest had set fire to a room.
Officers attended alongside colleagues from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and a man, aged in his 60s, was arrested on suspicion of arson and threatening behaviour.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said he was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and was later released on bail until Tuesday, February 23.
Police enquiries are continuing.
The fire service sent two fire engines from Sprowston and Earlham Fire Station following a call at 1.35pm on Sunday. Crews left the scene shortly after 2.30pm.
A cordon was put up around the hotel following the fire
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 5 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 6 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 7 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 10 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel