Nostalgic night looms as Sheringham Carnival plans take shape
Preparations for this summer's Sheringham Carnival are gathering pace - with the latest event happening on Friday.
And the programme is hot off the press, giving locals and visitors the chance to plan their activities around the annual event, which this year runs from July 28 to August 5.
A 60s and 70s disco and music quiz is taking place at Sheringham Social Club on Holway Road from 8pm. Tickets are �2 on the door.
People are being urged to come along and support the carnival. Fancy dress is not compulsory, but there will be a prize for the best dressed party-goer.
Meanwhile, the carnival programme is available at the tourist information centre on Station Approach and at many of the shops in the town.
Costing �1, it includes a directory of Sheringham businesses, four mindbender questions with cash prizes, a free carnival programme quiz and a full diary of carnival events.
The programme can also be bought online by visiting www.sheringhamcarnival.com
- 1 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 7 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 8 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 9 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 10 City weigh up Hugill's next move