Nostalgic Diss calender looks to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Diss historian has searched through his vast collection of Diss memorabilia to create a calendar for charity.
Dennis Cross, a retired builder, has lived and worked in Diss all his life and has watched it change through the years.
He now collects postcards and photos which show Diss through the years.
Having made a calendar two years ago, which raised nearly £1,500, Mr Cross thought to make one for the up-coming year to raise money for The Big C charity.
Many of the pictures featured in the calender have never been seen before and are accompanied by nostalgic tickets and forms that were used back in the day.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cross said: 'I have already sold around 150 and that is just from word of mouth. People said they enjoyed my last calender so decided to make another for the coming year.'
They are available from Mr Cross on 01379 651897 for £9.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter