Norwich WWE star Paige shares struggle with mental health in the wake of online attack
- Credit: John Giamundo
WWE diva Paige has taken to social media to share her thoughts on being the victim of a cyber hack.
Private photos and videos of the Norwich-born wrestling star, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis, were leaked online at the beginning of the month and she has now broken her silence on the subject, sharing her struggle with self harm.
In a post on Twitter, Paige revealed how she made a 'big mistake' and admitted the hardest part of the ordeal was the possibility of losing her family and fiancé, professional wrestler Alberto Del Rio.
She said: 'Not only was I a victim of viral humiliation but a victim of cyber bullying.
'I had days where I wanted to physically harm myself. Not only for what millions was telling me but because my family and my husband were suffering the same fate from the internet because of my mistake.
You may also want to watch:
'It made me and Alberto wonder how people who aren't as mentally strong as us can handle this? How many people have to suffer because of the internet and the cowards behind the keyboard.'
Paige's father, World Association of Wrestling (WAW) founder, Ricky Knight, shared his concerns for his daughter's wellbeing following the hack.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
He said: 'My last say on the scandal surrounding my daughter I have just spoken to her over Facebook and I am worried for her mental health or worse.
'As her dad I urge people to back off as I say I am very worried for her it will be no good backing her when it's too late like many other celebrities who have left us.'
MORE: Sneak peak at The Rock's Fighting With My Family as filming gets underwayDel Rio, also shared his support, posting an image of himself and the WWE diva on Instagram on Tuesday, with the caption: 'It doesn't matter how many times you try to break us, is not gonna happen.
'I know it was you trying to destroy us... Destroy my baby... She's better strong than all of you.'
Paige and her family have hit the headlines recently as the subject of a new film project by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, entitled Fighting With My Family.
The movie, starring Florence Pugh, Lena Headey and Nick Frost, is currently in production.