Norwich WWE star Paige shares struggle with mental health in the wake of online attack
- Credit: John Giamundo
WWE diva Paige has taken to social media to share her thoughts on being the victim of a cyber hack.
Private photos and videos of the Norwich-born wrestling star, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis, were leaked online at the beginning of the month and she has now broken her silence on the subject, sharing her struggle with self harm.
In a post on Twitter, Paige revealed how she made a 'big mistake' and admitted the hardest part of the ordeal was the possibility of losing her family and fiancé, professional wrestler Alberto Del Rio.
She said: 'Not only was I a victim of viral humiliation but a victim of cyber bullying.
'I had days where I wanted to physically harm myself. Not only for what millions was telling me but because my family and my husband were suffering the same fate from the internet because of my mistake.
You may also want to watch:
'It made me and Alberto wonder how people who aren't as mentally strong as us can handle this? How many people have to suffer because of the internet and the cowards behind the keyboard.'
Paige's father, World Association of Wrestling (WAW) founder, Ricky Knight, shared his concerns for his daughter's wellbeing following the hack.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
He said: 'My last say on the scandal surrounding my daughter I have just spoken to her over Facebook and I am worried for her mental health or worse.
'As her dad I urge people to back off as I say I am very worried for her it will be no good backing her when it's too late like many other celebrities who have left us.'
MORE: Sneak peak at The Rock's Fighting With My Family as filming gets underwayDel Rio, also shared his support, posting an image of himself and the WWE diva on Instagram on Tuesday, with the caption: 'It doesn't matter how many times you try to break us, is not gonna happen.
'I know it was you trying to destroy us... Destroy my baby... She's better strong than all of you.'
Paige and her family have hit the headlines recently as the subject of a new film project by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, entitled Fighting With My Family.
The movie, starring Florence Pugh, Lena Headey and Nick Frost, is currently in production.