Norwich woman to donate chocolate boxes to charity for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman is celebrating after collecting piles of chocolate goods to distribute to a charity in time for Christmas.
Marie Russell has collected 124 chocolate items - including plenty of boxes of Celebrations and Heroes - as a fundraiser in time for the festive season.
The chocolates will be donated to the head office of charity Leeway, which supports those who have experienced, or are experiencing, domestic abuse.
They will then be donated to the seven refuges across the county, as well as the outreach families supported by the charity.
She thanked the community of Taverham and Drayton, as well as friends and family who had donated.
You may also want to watch:
'A special thanks to Abbott's of Taverham and the lovely Danny for being a collection point,' she said. 'Also thank you to Norwich Probation Office and Ian Smith office supplies for their contributions.'
She said she was 'overwhelmed' by the support.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns