Norwich woman sets up new craft and gift store in Hall Road
A Norwich woman with a passion for crafts has opened a shop in the city giving creative people a new venue to sell their work.
From jewellery to jams to photography, The Craft Room, in Hall Road, stocks an array of artistic delights.
It is the idea of 31-year-old Bryony Snelling who opened the shop on February 6.
Ms Snelling, who has a 16-month-old son called Josh and lives close to the shop, said: 'I have always wanted to run a shop and I love arts and crafts.
'I dabble with all sorts of crafts. I really like working with paper and make origami boxes and cards, and my mission for the year is to master crochet - so far I can crochet blankets and brooches in the shape of flowers.'
As well as selling her own craft work, Ms Snelling is also selling the work of a wide range of other creative people.
'It is nice to give people a new arena for showing their wares, and almost everybody is from Norwich or Norfolk,' she said.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 4 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 5 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 8 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
'There is always going to be something different and new for people to look at in the shop which I am quite excited about.'
The Craft Shop currently stocks Norfolk photography by Daniel Tink, jewellery from Eclectic Eccentricity, crochet cushions, hats and scarves and lino prints by Becky Garratt, jewellery from Canny Belle, felt brooches from Sisipops, jams and chutney from The Garden Pantry, and lots more.
Ms Snelling said in the future she hoped The Craft Room would also host craft demonstrations and workshops.
• The Craft Room, in Hall Road, is open Monday to Saturday from 10am until 5pm.
• The Evening News Love Local campaign celebrates the people behind Norwich's independent shops and businesses that help to keep our fine city unique.
Are you opening up an innovative new business in the city? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com