Norwich woman running London marathon in support of EACH
- Credit: Archant
A young woman from Norwich whose sister has received care from East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is looking to thank the charity by running the London Marathon.
Beth van Melsen, 21, has previously received 'invaluable' support at EACH sibling groups and now works at a children's hospital in central London.
She said: 'My sister, Lydia, was cared for at EACH for years and has just transitioned into adult services. With her leaving and the recent nook appeal, this seemed like a really fitting time to say thank you to everybody for the care and support they have provided us all with. There were days when we could not have coped without them.'
The nook appeal is the charity's ongoing £10 million appeal to transform children's palliative care across Norfolk, including the building of a new hospice.
To support Ms van Melsen, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/bethrunsamarathon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack