Norwich woman running London marathon in support of EACH
- Credit: Archant
A young woman from Norwich whose sister has received care from East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is looking to thank the charity by running the London Marathon.
Beth van Melsen, 21, has previously received 'invaluable' support at EACH sibling groups and now works at a children's hospital in central London.
She said: 'My sister, Lydia, was cared for at EACH for years and has just transitioned into adult services. With her leaving and the recent nook appeal, this seemed like a really fitting time to say thank you to everybody for the care and support they have provided us all with. There were days when we could not have coped without them.'
The nook appeal is the charity's ongoing £10 million appeal to transform children's palliative care across Norfolk, including the building of a new hospice.
To support Ms van Melsen, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/bethrunsamarathon.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Inquest into death of much-loved healthcare assistant