Norwich woman finds a moth in her Asda cucumber
- Credit: Steve Adams
It was meant to be part of her salad dinner but one Norwich woman was soon put off her cucumber after she noticed a moth on it.
Ronnie Fisher had bought the cucumber from the Asda store on Hall Road in Norwich on Wednesday evening but when she started preparing her evening meal she noticed something was not quite right with it.
'I went to Asda after work to get some bits for a salad I was having for dinner,' she said. 'When I got home I cut the lettuce and the tomato for the salad and went to prepare the cucumber when I saw something on the side.
'At first I thought it was just a piece of dirt but when I looked closer I realised it was a moth caught under the film and this put me off my dinner straight away!'
A spokesperson for Asda said of the incident: 'Unlike most moths it seems this one was drawn to one of our cucumbers. We'd be happy to refund and replace this if the customer can return this to store.'
Mrs Fisher added: 'It is just not something you expect when you go to prepare your meal.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Housing association hoping to build 461 homes in south Norfolk town
- 9 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages