Norwich woman completes London to Paris bike ride
A Norwich woman who was inspired to start cycling by the Tour of Britain has completed a 300-mile cycle ride to Paris.
Sarah Daniels, who lives in Eaton, took part in the four-day bike ride from London to the French capital in aid of Norfolk and Waveney cancer charity Big C.
The 44-year-old only took up cycling last year after taking part in the Tour of Britain corporate challenge. She cycled the 30 miles from Norwich to Great Yarmouth on a borrowed bike and fell in love with the sport.
The mum-of-one said: 'It was absolutely fantastic. Everyday I became much more confident about my own ability and the whole team were so supportive. I had loads of messages of support and felt like everyone was behind me.'
Mrs Daniels, who runs a health and safety consultancy with her husband Richard Mills at their Sunningdale home, was accompanied on the cycle by her friend Lara Cole, a consultant lawyer with Eversheds, plus a group of 28 others, ranging in age from 21 to 74.
You may also want to watch:
The group set off from Crystal Palace on Wednesday, August 31, and arrived at the Eiffel Tower on Saturday, September 3.
So far, more than �1,700 has been raised for Big C.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
It is not the first time Mrs Daniels has raised money for a cancer charity, after seeing friends and family battle the illness.
She founded the #NorRaceChicks - a group of women who met through Twitter and ran the Race For Life earlier this year.
Mrs Daniels now plans to cycle the 400 mile length of Ireland next year.
To donate to the cycle ride total, log on to www.justgiving.com/L2PLaraandSarah or go to http://sarahdaniels.ellegante.co.uk/sarah/ to take part in a charity raffle.