Norwich Wilko reaches final in Store of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
Wilko's Norwich branch is one of four stores across the country in the running for Wilko's Overall Store of the Year 2016 Award.
Located on St Stephens Street in the city centre, the household, DIY and homewear shop has seen off competition from over 400 others in the UK.
The sizeable store is up against Burton on Trent, Thamesmead and Falkirk to win the title.
Store manager, Hiram Saunders, said: 'We were chosen as finalists because of exceptional standards across the store, great customer service and great atmosphere.
'It's all about what a customer would expect and the experience they have when they're here.
'They liked how we carried Christmas around the store.'
He added, 'It makes me very proud as the Store Manager and the journey the team have been on to bring the store to the high standard it is today.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash
'Everything we do is around our customers and getting the store ready for a great Christmas shopping experience is the start of what I expect to be a great place to shop this Christmas.
'I also believe our Wilko customer family can get most of the festive shopping list ticked off there to do list at Wilko.'
The results will be announced this afternoon.