Norwich Wilko reaches final in Store of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
Wilko's Norwich branch is one of four stores across the country in the running for Wilko's Overall Store of the Year 2016 Award.
Located on St Stephens Street in the city centre, the household, DIY and homewear shop has seen off competition from over 400 others in the UK.
The sizeable store is up against Burton on Trent, Thamesmead and Falkirk to win the title.
Store manager, Hiram Saunders, said: 'We were chosen as finalists because of exceptional standards across the store, great customer service and great atmosphere.
'It's all about what a customer would expect and the experience they have when they're here.
You may also want to watch:
'They liked how we carried Christmas around the store.'
He added, 'It makes me very proud as the Store Manager and the journey the team have been on to bring the store to the high standard it is today.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
'Everything we do is around our customers and getting the store ready for a great Christmas shopping experience is the start of what I expect to be a great place to shop this Christmas.
'I also believe our Wilko customer family can get most of the festive shopping list ticked off there to do list at Wilko.'
The results will be announced this afternoon.