Norwich vegans go five days without food to raise money for Norfolk animal sanctuary
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A group of vegans have gone five days without eating in order to raise money for a Norfolk animal sanctuary.
Friends Reb Pawsey, Nikki Tee, Sarah Carolina, Steve Peters, Emma Thomas, Ryan Marc Read and Emily Noble gave up food from Monday, January 16, to Saturday, January 20.
Instead, they only drank water, tea and coffee to keep themselves going.
Their efforts have so far raised £1,363 for Hillside Animal Sanctuary in Frettenham.
The sanctuary looks after animals in need, particularly those which come from the animal farming industry.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Noble, 24, from Norwich, said: 'We wanted to do something to raise money [for the sanctuary] and wanted to do something different.
'It has been really challenging because none of us have done anything like it before.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/fivedayfast to support their challenge.