Norwich to Lowestoft train services disrupted due to problem with bridge
- Credit: Archant
Train services have been disrupted on the Norwich to Lowestoft line because of a problem with a river swing bridge between Haddiscoe and Somerleyton.
Some services are being diverted to Great Yarmouth, the 16.58 Norwich to Lowestoft and 17.48 Lowestoft to Norwich have been cancelled and no stations between Haddiscoe and Lowestoft will be served today.
The disruption is expected to continue thought the evening until 11pm.
Local First buses between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Norwich and Lowestoft are accepting Abellio Greater Anglia tickets.
There will be a very limited bus shuttle service running between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft until 7pm.
To check your journey, visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences