Norwich to London train line running as normal following fatality
- Credit: Archant
There were hours of disruption on the Norwich to London train line on Monday following a fatality at Ardleigh in Essex.
British Transport Police were called to the line close to the Parsons Heath Bridge at 8.15am following reports of a person struck by a train.
A spokesperson for the force said: 'A person has been pronounced dead. Officers will now look to establish the person's identity and identify the person's family.'
The line between Ipswich and Colchester reopened at midday but disruption continued until 2pm as the service got back to normal.
Abellio Greater Anglia said this afternoon that services were now running normally again.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations