Norwich to Exeter flights announced - and go on sale today
- Credit: PA
Tickets go on sale today for new flights connecting Norwich with the South West.
Flybe has announced details of a new route between Norwich and Exeter, which has been launched thanks to the government's Regional Air Connectivity Fund.
The new one-hour service will be launched on March 24, with a choice of six flights a week.
Aviation minister Robert Goodwill praised the initiative for cutting travel time for passengers.
'Our smaller airports are vital engines for local economies, connecting the UK and opening up opportunities,' he said.
Both airports are owned by the Rigby Group, which bought Norwich International Airport in 2014.
Richard Pace, general manager at Norwich Airport, said the airport was also looking forward to the launch of flights to Alicante and Malaga in March.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
'These year-round services mark the first time in almost a decade that Norwich has offered scheduled sunshine flights to Spain,' he said.
Have you got a business story? Email email@example.com