'We loved having him' - Norwich Theatre Royal pays tribute to Sean Lock
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich Theatre Royal has paid tribute to comedian Sean Lock, who has died of cancer aged 58.
The comedian was known for his surreal content and deadpan delivery and appeared on Channel 4 comedy panel show 8 Out Of 10 Cats and spin-off 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
Lock had been battling cancer for some time and passed away at home.
Over the years he has performed at Norwich Theatre Royal a number of times and also at Latitude Festival in Suffolk.
A statement on the theatre's social media platforms said: "It is with great sadness that we have heard about the passing of comedian Sean Lock.
"Sean has performed for us over the years and we always loved having him.
"We are sending our thoughts and deepest condolences to his family and friends at this sad time."
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
Norfolk actor, broadcaster and comedian Stephen Fry has also paid tribute and wrote on Twitter: "Oh no, what horrible news.
"I think it safe to say that the best episodes of QI that I was involved with were always the ones where Sean Lock was a guest.
"Such complete brilliance in every comic direction. What a loss. My heart goes out to his family."